Not that I keep a date book. I don't need a planner to remind me to get a job, which is the only legitimate plan I have right now.
On the upside, tonight I got to do something fun. Bianca, a fellow former Martha intern, invited a bunch of friends out to a club tonight. I figured I may as well go since Bianca was so much fun last summer and my schedule has been so empty this summer.
If I thought marching around the City in sneakers was cause for complaint, then totting around the City in heels is cause for amputation. Ow.
But dancing is always fun. And meeting Bianca's friends was fun, too. They're all in similar fields: illustration, design, advertising. So we commiserated.
I left the second club just in time to get caught in a rainstorm. It felt great to cool off, but the slipping and sliding around my heels caused potentially irreparable damage. Again, ow.
So my dance card's a little empty these days. At least I got the chance to do some fun things in the City this summer. Maybe when I come back I'll get to do some more.
For now, I'm glad to be going home for a bit. Just a bit.
Unless, of course, one of you faithful few wants to hire me.
Gnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment